ARE YOU A COMPANY DIRECTOR? A NEW DAWN IS COMING!
From November 2021, a new Director ID will be phased in, requiring all directors to obtain a 15 digit unique identifier. Existing directors will have one year to obtain this, while new directors must obtain it on appointment as a director. The process will be managed by a new body, the Australia Business Registry Services.
This implementation is to help
- Prevent the use of false or fraudulent director identities
- External administrators and regulators to trace directors’ relationships with companies over time
- Identify and eliminate director involvement in unlawful activity, such as illegals phoenix activity.
While we can assist, directors must apply for their director ID themselves.
Although it Is preferable to apply online, a director may phone to apply. Fines for non-compliance will apply
There are three basic steps to applying
- Set up myGovID (download the app to your phone (from the Apple App Store or Goggle Play)
- Gather your documents required
- Complete your application
Use the link which follows to apply https://www.abrs.gov.au/director-identification-number/apply-director-identification-number
There are some extra steps required for those Australian directors currently living outside Australia. These extra steps require certified copies of documents to be provided. The link above will assist.
Should you have any questions on the items above, please contact on 02 9923 2959 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“This is general advice only and not to be interpreted as individual advice specific to your situation. Contact us to discuss the best solutions for your needs.”